23 Oct 2014 Partial Solar Eclipse.
23 Oct 2014 Partial Solar Eclipse
What the eclipse would look like near the maximum point
The animation shows approximately what the eclipse looks like in near the maximum point of the eclipse (weather permitting).
Is this eclipse viewable in Port Said?
Eclipses viewable where you are
The dark strip in the center indicates the best locations for viewing the eclipse. Here the moon will appear in the center of the sun’s disk.
The eclipse will also be visible in the areas that are shaded red, but to a lesser degree. The fainter the red shading the less the sun will appear to be covered.
Where to see the eclipse
Continents seeing at least a partial eclipse:
- East in Asia
- Much of North America
Partial eclipse visible in:
- Anchorage, Alaska, U.S.A.
- Fairbanks, Alaska, U.S.A.
- Inuvik, Northwest Territories, Canada
- Sachs Harbour, Northwest Territories, Canada
- Whitehorse, Yukon Territory, Canada
- Kugluktuk, Nunavut Territory, Canada
- Cambridge Bay, Nunavut Territory, Canada
- Rae-Edzo, Northwest Territories, Canada
- Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada
- Taloyoak, Nunavut Territory, Canada
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Baker Lake, Nunavut Territory, Canada
- Seattle, Washington, U.S.A.
- Rankin Inlet, Nunavut Territory, Canada
- Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Arviat, Nunavut Territory, Canada
- Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
- Minneapolis, Minnesota, U.S.A.
- Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A.
When the eclipse happens worldwide
The eclipse starts at one location and ends at another. The times below are actual times (in UTC) when the eclipse occurs.
||Time in Port Said*
|First location to see partial eclipse begin
||23 Oct, 19:38
||23 Oct, 21:38
||23 Oct, 21:45
||23 Oct, 23:45
|Last location to see partial Eclipse end
||23 Oct, 23:52
||24 Oct, 01:52
* Local times shown do not refer to when the eclipse can be observed from Port Said. Instead, they indicate the times when the eclipse begins, is at its max, and ends, somewhere else on earth. The corresponding local times are useful if you want to view the eclipse via a live webcam.
Eclipses viewable in Port Said.